Welcome to the Byng Elementary, Junior High, and High School
My ultimate goal is to keep your children safe and healthy! I strive to provide compassionate care, resources, and health education that will follow the students throughout their lives. Students learn best when they are in class and healthy!
A few friendly reminders!
1. Please keep your child home when they are sick.
- Preventing the spread of illness is essential. Students have a difficult time concentrating and completing work when they are not feeling their best. We encourage you to keep them home when they aren’t feeling well to allow them to rest and recover.
- Check out the Nurse QuickLinks for a guide to help you decide whether to keep your child home, or send them to school.
2. Encourage good hand hygiene!
- Hand washing is one of the easiest, and most effective, ways to keep yourself and others from getting sick!
3. Students (all grades) are not allowed to carry any type of medication while at school.
- Students that need to take medication while at school may keep medication in the nurse’s office. Criteria listed in the Byng Medication Policy must be met (Please see Nurse QuickLinks to view policy).
- Parental consent for students to keep their medication in the nurse’s office may be given on the Powerschool enrollment forms (Student Health Inventory).
4. All students enrolling in the 7th grade must show proof of receiving the Tdap immunization.
- This immunization is typically given on, or after, the 10th birthday.
- Please refer to the Oklahoma Immuization Guide listed under Nurse QuickLinks for more infomation.
5. Please keep your contact information up to date.
- In the event of an emergency, we want to be able to contact you as soon as possible.